Monday, May 28, 2007

A Week of Box Work

Check out Kess's daily progress . . . coments and suggestions welcome.

Day 1 http://youtube.com/watch?v=GtUEc6P36qo
Day 2 http://youtube.com/watch?v=zpUYj5oUlL0
Day 3 http://youtube.com/watch?v=3eVxe0p98dU
I like todays configuration of props the best. I took down the left side upright and used something more substantial than the cone to force Kess out and around. I was able to release her from further back and did not have to be on her inside to keep her from cutting in.
Day 4 http://youtube.com/watch?v=KJ1hqy2Ades
I used the same set-up as day 3 and got nice smooth turns right from the start. I guess I'll be hauling my basket to practice :) Kess is now consistently getting all four feet on the box and turning in a smooth motion. She only had one bobble in 20 reps. Unfortunatly my deck does not afford enough space to see what happens if she has some speed built up, but that's what practice is for.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Boxloader is adorable!
I like the stantion on the left, keep working. It's nice to see a video log of the training process.
Keep up the good work Adriana.

Ericson said...

I've experimented with putting the uprights on the left, right, and both sides. Right now her main prolem is staying wide enough coming into the box so I think I'll settle with it on the right. I also run on the inside of her to keep her wide in addition to the cone. Her form with the props has definately improved, but she goes right back to her old pattern if they are removed. We're doing about 50 reps a day spread over 3 sessions so hopefully they'll be a little change for the tourn this weekend.

Kristie said...

Adriana your little girl is beautiful!! will Kess hit the box without a ball in it? it looks like she's crumpling because she's so focused on getting the ball. maybe it would help to just have her do straight hit-its without a ball to get that smooth motion, then add the ball when she has the muscle memory... wow your baby is adorable!!

Ericson said...

I tried just using a tug and no ball with no success. Kess just looked at me like I was an idiot. I might have better luck with a ramp.

Anonymous said...

I meant to write: I DON'T like the stantion on the left. Sorry. Otherwise the turn becomes too wide. And I DID mean that your boxloader is darling.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.